Are you dying to wear cute miniskirts?
Or wanting to enjoy the beach in your bikini?
But you can't seem to get the courage because of that annoying skin imperfection you just couldn't get rid of?
Stretch Marks are the unpleasant irregular markings on your skin that looks like discolored lines or stripes. Basically, this occurs when there is a tearing of collagen and elastin fibers which happens during hormonal changes such as; pregnancy, puberty and weight gain.
This skin problem usually appears in body areas like: arms, thighs, breasts and abdomens. Good thing, there are ways on how to remove stretch marks naturally, without going under the needle.
More Tips to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally:
- Massage - this is a good remedy to get rid of stretch marks and it helps in the blood circulation, which is an aid in the skin problem. You can perform the massage in a circular motion, and add a bit of pressure to the marks for about 2-3 minutes a day. Moisturizers and essential oils can also be used effectively.
- Exfoliation - exfoliation of the skin frequently helps in reducing skin problem. This is basically removing the dead skin cells on the upper layer and with frequent routine; it will minimize the skin problem and gives a refreshing glow. You can use loofah or a gentle body scrub with your choice of homemade exfoliation cream or lotion.
- Aloe Vera - this plant has healing properties that can help the skin stretch without the scarring. Aloe Vera is a great skin moisturizer which is used for preventing stretch marks. Once a day, you can apply aloe gel into the marks and the surrounding skin. This can also be used by pregnant women to avoid marks formation during pregnancy.
- Honey - not just useful as a natural sweetener, but honey is also beneficial in breaking down scar tissues. A common method of using honey to remove stretch marks is applying honey on the problem area, leave for 5 minutes and wiping it off. Another is mixing one teaspoon of honey, ? teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of glycerin. Apply the infusion on your skin for 5 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. This treatment is repeated twice per day for best results.
- Cocoa Butter - it is one of the most common home remedies to remove skin disorders. It is a thick natural fat that drains quickly into the skin, and by applying it regularly, causes the stretch marks to fade away. Apply the cocoa butter completely on the problem area, and rub in a circular motion until it is absorbed. This can be done twice a day.
- Exercise - exercise has always been beneficial for the body, and it also helps in removing the appearance of stretch marks. Toning exercises smooth-out and minimizes the problem because it will help re-tighten the skin.
There are lots of ways on how to get rid of stretch marks; surgeries are even available for those who are determined and financially able. But it is always best prevent stretch marks than bravely go into battle to remove it.
Addison Hart loves to write and share information about health-related topics like How to Remove Stretch Marks. She recently discovered Beckles Publishing LTD where she gets useful ideas with almost everything in the areas of - health, lifestyle and business thru their weekly complimentary reports!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7050361